COVID-19 has greatly impacted people’s lives and businesses in the last couple of months. It has affected the way people interact and we have seen people shift to transact online. It has now become imperative for businesses, particularly the small ones to shift the focus on their operations online. The growing need to maintain an online presence is the main reason why search engine optimization was and continues to be essential in this past COVID 19 period.
The lockdowns that were enacted by the government to restrict the movement of people caused the closure of shops, malls, and entertainment centres making people reliant on the use of the internet. In the first quarter of 2020, it was reported that internet traffic had grown significantly. To keep up with these changes, numerous businesses have also been developing websites and opening social media accounts so that they keep in touch with their customers. Interestingly, there has been an influx in web development in Las Vegas as casino owners and other entrepreneurs strive to automate their businesses. If you are a fan of poker, you can now play it with your friends online courtesy of web development.
During this pandemic, businesses must build a strong SEO strategy for them to stand out, and the best way to do that is by finding an SEO agency that offers services in relation to that.
The reason for this is so that they excel and beat their competition who have also taken their operations online. Here are four tips to ensure that you strengthen your SEO after COVID 19:
1. Develop content that builds trust
According to a survey by Forrester to assess the impact of COVID 19 on consumers, it was reported that numerous customers are sceptical about whether businesses will deliver what they want. For this reason, you want to develop content that reassures customers. While creating content for your marketing strategy you may also want to express hope given that many people have lost so much to the pandemic. The message you put across should foster integrity and encourage people so that they feel in control of their destiny. Additionally, you have to think about reaching your audience abroad even if it means hiring translation services to translate the content into other languages as well.
Additionally, your content should also be educational for people to trust your brand. It is estimated that about 48% of consumers will buy from you if they can learn something from the content that you put on the blog. The best way to create cutting-edge content is to first analyze what your target people want to better understand their needs. If you feel like this is not part of your expertise, you can hire marketers to develop your overall marketing strategy that will establish a brand that your customers trust.
2. Get proactive in managing your web presence
After this pandemic, you need to take an active role in the management of your website. Some of the things that you could do include:
- Keep your website updated so that Google will show accurate information about your company. While at it, you should also update customers about events and new changes in your products and services. If you’re managing the website yourself, download a free task management software that will help you in executing the tasks at the right time and keep track of updates.
- Ensure that your Google My Business page is showing the accurate working hours to keep your customers in the know.
- Monitor closely Google Search Console to assess the web traffic emanating from organic searches. Having this information will help you know products and services that are in demand and what keywords you need to use to ensure that customers find your brand. Make sure to adjust your SEO strategy in line with the type of services you’re trying to promote. If you’re a dentist and you’re trying to rank for local directories to increase your online presence, make sure to implement an SEO for dentists strategy after consulting with an SEO Expert.
3. Audit your content and campaign
Now that you have already created your content, it is good to assess how well it is performing lest it will fall on deaf ears. The content you create should show compassion and empathy to your customers. A good example of companies that have pulled down its campaigns following thorough auditing is KFC. They canceled their ‘Finger-Lickin’ Good’ campaign in an attempt to be sensitive to people during the pandemic. This means that SEO managers need to develop a content marketing strategy that shows an increased awareness of people’s sensitivities to avoid a backlash.
4. Promote web security
As more people make use of the internet, hackers have also flooded this platform intending to steal customers’ information. Therefore beware of malicious campaigns that may be started using your brand to protect your consumers. Among the things that you can do include:
- Perform SEO log file analysis to find out how crawlers are infiltrating your website and correct that.
- Implement Single Sign-On (SSO) so that each time your customers log in they use a set of different credentials.
- Keep your plugins up to date so that hackers do not find a way to take advantage of your site’s vulnerabilities.
Well, SEO is more important now than ever before. But, you need to ensure that you use the right SEO strategy to relate to your customers. In other ways, make sure to choose and implement the right strategies for growing your business that fight the after Covid-19 area.