Carrying out a task smoothly is possible with rigorous planning. No matter how large your task is. Executing tasks in time demands preparing for them separately as well as from the project’s needs. In this case, activitytimeline management tools help you save time and effort.
Timelines generally are designed in a visual format. It means that associates of that project can quickly have an overview. With the help of handy management, you can update details like project milestones, delivery time and dates, tasks completed, or ongoing tasks.
Project Management Tools Features
A competent timeline management tool can help you in monitoring your work conveniently. There are a variety of different tools offering multiple features for your project. Timeline management tools not only provide planning delivery schedules but you can also manage analytics, resources, project tracking, and much more project management features for optimal workflow.
It is important to choose the one offering the best features for your team. Most of these tools commonly include the following features:
- Most project management tools are proficient to allot and keep track of tasks across their lifecycle.
- Parent and child project feature. This feature allows you to create one big project (parent project) and a small project (Child project) under that big project.
- The collaboration feature is integrated to chat and share documents back and forth
- Document sharing is also enabled to deliver a smooth experience
Tips to Choose the Best Project Management Tool
With hundreds of tools available, it can be hard to get the best project management tool for your crew without research. Usually, team leaders purchase a project management tool only to find they’re the only ones owning it.
When comparing tools, keep in mind that a useful project management tool should fulfil two main essentials: Firstly, it should include all the elements that a project manager requires. Secondly, the tool should be something your entire team is comfortable operating.
Let’s walk you through some vitals tips to select the best tools for your team:
- Identify Potential Issues: Identify the issues your team is facing currently, and make a list of all the pain points. Some of these pain points are communication gaps, missed deadlines, over-allocating, under-allocated or never-ending meetings.
- Research and get recommendations: Read online, get recommendations from family and friends, or you can also read online reviews. You can also ask your, teammates, for feedback
- Pricing: Make a list of the best tools you have researched and start getting quotes. Remember, cheap ones are not always the best. Choose by comparing the features along with prices.
When you are considering all choices for a project management tool, you must ask yourself: does it solve these difficulties? If the answer is no, remove that tool from your shortlisted tools to save time.
Project management tools are an integral part of your project planning. Once you shift all your management data to these applications you can increase the productivity of your staff. Not only it increases productivity but also saves you time to look over other essential aspects of the project.
Once you are satisfied with the tool for your activitytimeline, now move to the final step and purchase that tool. Many tools also offer free trials, you can also get a free trial to have a better understanding of the tool features.