The age of technological advancements has opened the doors to the utilization of genetically modified organisms – both plants, fruits, and microorganisms – for the benefit of mankind. Recent studies have introduced the concept of genetically certified oocytes made available to the health care centres and patients by egg bank.
To know more about International egg donors, read the article thoroughly. The article emphasized the importance of genetically screened oocytes and where these modified eggs can be purchased!
What is the Scientific Meaning of Genetically Certified Oocytes?
Genetically Certified Oocytes are those oocytes that have been genetically screened using Genetically Certified Oocyte Technology. After the screening, it is declared by senior embryologists that these oocytes have a normal number of chromosomes – 46 chromosomes.
Abnormality in chromosomal numbers usually occurs because of missegregation during the meiotic phases of oogenesis. In most cases, such oocytes do not implant, and if implantation occurs, it diminishes before successful birth meaning that miscarriage occurs. Certified oocytes are approved by dedicated and professional embryologists free of abnormal chromosomal numbers or structures.
How Genetically Screened Eggs are Profitable?
- Genetically screened eggs are approved if they have a normal chromosomal count. Employing approved oocytes enhances the likelihood of successful pregnancy.
- It is significantly essential to genetically screen the eggs as the genetic makeup of oocytes decides the fate of an embryo and the chances of a healthy pregnancy.
- Oocytes with an abnormal number of chromosomes are discarded, lessening the chances of aneuploidy, euploidy, and so on. Aneuploidy results in the birth of individuals who suffers from syndromes like Downs syndrome, in which a person is born with an extra chromosome leading to short stature, abnormal head size, etc.
- Dedicated and experienced embryologists have proclaimed that every third young woman has a bunch of oocytes with an abnormal number of chromosomes. When these oocytes become embryos and adults, they suffer from abnormal physical features.
- All the steps involved in the screening methods are carried out by a team of experienced and professional embryologists who have a minimum of ten years of experience in the field. Thus, there are minimal chances of errors.
- Advanced and recent technology is manipulated for screening the oocytes to ensure maximum results and minimum errors.
From Where Patients or Health Care Units Can Purchase Screened and Certified Oocytes?
OVOGENE Donor Bank is a renowned and multinational bank that is involved in providing frozen eggs that are screened and have been declared healthy by professional embryologists. Moreover, OVOGENE Donor Bank is the only bank using Genetically Certified Oocyte Technology for screening the genetic errors in the egg, thus, maximizing the fertilization of an egg with a normal number of chromosomes.
In recent times, medical professionals have devised new methods for ensuring a successful pregnancy. And one of the methods they have introduced is to screen the oocytes to check if there is any genetic error or not and then freeze the screened and approved oocyte so that it can be donated to the patients who are in dire need.