Moving house is never fun. It can generally be stressful, annoying and (for some members of your family) even a little bit boring. However, there are some ways that you can make it a little bit easier for yourself and others. By following this list of do’s and don’ts, as well as considering the points over the rest of this article, you might find that your moving experience becomes so much easier and a whole lot more bearable than it might have otherwise been.
The dos and the don’ts
As you might imagine, there are a lot of dos and don’ts when it comes to moving house. You might find that there are a lot of different things that you are going to need to make sure you are definitely doing, others are useful things that can just help you out.
The don’ts are, as you would expect, strongly connected to the do’s, so it isn’t too difficult to make a mistake. They mainly consist of tips to help you when it comes to staging your property and investing in realtors, and why you should do those said things for the benefit of your house, even if it means doing some of the things the long way around.
#1 Working with a Real Estate Agent
Working with Real Estate Agents is really important, to make sure that your house gets the best attention possible throughout the moving process. It can be a good way to make sure that your house move is being led by an experienced individual who has both your profit and sanity in their best interests. It can be good to have someone guide you through paperwork, too. Here are some of the benefits of working with a Real Estate Agent, and why it is crucial to your moving process.
- Real estate agents can help you value your property properly. This means that you will not be asking for an unreasonable price for your property, which means it is more likely to sell for your asking price and it might even sell faster, too.
- They can help you out with the paperwork. This can be really important, especially if it is your first time selling a house. It can be a good thing to have someone help and manage all of the appropriate paperwork for you as it can be a real hassle to do on your own.
- It can also be a good time to take advantage of their expert knowledge. This means that you know when the best times are to put your house on the market and what you need to make your house look great. Having access to this information can help you out in the future too.
Staging is a great way to depersonalize your house. This can cost a bit of money, however, so you are going to need to make sure that what you are going to be doing will make the home more valuable. This is really important to making sure your house sticks out against everywhere else. Here are some of the benefits of staging.
- It depersonalizes your home and makes it easier for your potential buyers to imagine themselves in the house, therefore making it a more convincing purchase.
- It can be beneficial to stage as it can bring out your property’s finer qualities, such as period areas and the little quirks that set it apart. This can make it more eye-catching to viewers and therefore has the potential to stay in their memories for longer.
- It can help you show how much potential the house has. If you have a spare room that doesn’t really serve much of a purpose, you can put a small double bed in there and turn it into a bedroom. Depending on the area that you live in, you might find that adding an extra bedroom might add some value to the house.
However, staging can be a bit of a nightmare. You can either bring in some professionals to do it for you, or you can do it yourself. There are benefits and downsides to doing both, as where one falters the other rises. But there are some ways that you can make the staging process a little easier for yourself, such as:
- Renting a storage container from businesses such as BoiseBox, which can help you have somewhere to put the things you need stored. These are delivered on-site (so to your home) and can be rented until you don’t need them anymore. This can be really important to help you with convenience and to make your staging process a lot smoother, as you won’t have to move everything to a distant storage unit and have to go back and forth to get every little thing.
- Look into color theory. This can really be important to your house and how attractive it is to potential viewers. This can be something that can make rooms look bigger, and highlight your house’s characteristics.
- You should think about curb appeal. You want to make a good impression on your buyers from the very beginning so make your house look great from the inside and the outside. It can be a shame if not many people come to look at your house and don’t want to go inside because the interior looks bad. You might also find that it is a good way to bring people in who have seen your house from just passing by.
A few final thoughts
There are a lot of ways that you can mess up selling your house. One of those ways is by not looking into getting help from a real estate agent. Their knowledge is valuable, they can help with marketing, and they can help you make the most out of your selling experience.
You might also find that staging can really help you out when it comes to making your house look amazing to your viewers, help it sell faster, and might potentially make it worth more money.