Everything around us, from our mobile phones to our cars, has electronic components. Electronics have become a major part of our lives. The heart of these electronics is termed PCB.
PCB stands for a Prototype Circuit Board which is an electrical circuit. All the printed tracks like copper are fixed on one or both sides of the insulating board to generate PCB.
PCB assembly is the process by which the digital devices are updated, and digital items are attached to PCB to make it functional. What can be more reliable and efficient than CAMTECH PCB? This brand has been working for many years and satisfying its customers with its high market demands.
If you are looking for more information about the PCB of this company, you are in the right place!
Parts of PCB
The major parts of the Prototype Circuit Board are given below!
The substrate is made of fibreglass because it resists breakage and offers great strength to the PCB. You can say that substrate is the “PCB Skeleton”.
#2. Solder Mask
The solder mask is the layer of polymer that helps copper to avoid short circuits by any environmental factor. The solder mask is just like the “Skin of PCB”.
#3. Copper Layer
This layer depends on the type and quality of PCB, which can be copper foiled or complete copper coating. This layer is common for its use as copper is a good conductor, so it carries current or electrical signals from one part to other. It is just like the “Nervous System of PCB”.
This layer is present on the sides of the board to show logos, test points, symbol switch settings, and part numbers. It is just like “Nomenclature” for the PCB.
Types of PCBs
- Flexible PCBs
- Metal Core PCBs
- Fibre Glass PCBs
Steps of PCB Assembly
All the steps of this prototype generation followed by CAMTECH PCB are enlisted below for your better understanding:
- In the first step, the thin stainless steel stencil is pasted on the board by using a mechanical fixture. They are pasted by considering the accurate place to avoid faults. They are placed at a distance because too close pasting causes many problems or also avoided pasting on the edges or corners of the board.
- All the surface mount components are placed on the prepared PCB with the help of a robotic device. At the end of this step, the components are soldered on the surface of the circuit board.
- This is the step to adhere the components on the board. Solder paste is used to solidify them on the board for a long time.
- Inspection is mandatory after generating these boards. In this step, PCB assembly is checked by X-rays inspection, manual checks, and automatic optical inspections.
- This is the step to insert the plated through-hole component by wave soldering and manual soldering.
- This is the last and final step of inspection after the completion of the PCB assembly. Functional testing is performed to test the stimulation of signals and power of the board.
People like automatic electronics more than manual machines as the world is progressing. Is there anything that could be automated but without an electronic circuit? No Dude! You need electronics no matter whether you are at home, in the car, or anywhere outside. PCB assembly is the key method used to generate the PCBs for your ease.